Bicycle Accident Attorney in Newport News, VA
Serving Bicycle Accident Victims Throughout Hampton Roads
Reasons We’re The Right Choice
- Available 24/7
- Effective legal counsel
- “Superb” Avvo Rating
- Track record of success
- 40+ years of experience
- Track record of success
- Millions of dollars recovered
Bicycle accidents cause untold pain and suffering to innocent victims.
Accidents can take many forms and have numerous causes. Accidents and
injuries may involve motor vehicles, defective roads, or unsafe equipment.
Bicycle accident involve a large number of head injuries. Thousands of
bicyclists are injured or
killed in crashes with motor vehicles. Many are younger than 16 years old accounted for a large percentage of
those seriously injured. Each year over 150,000 children get treatment
in hospital emergency departments for bicycle-related head injuries.
Larry King Law helps victims of serious bicycle accident injuries. We encourage the proper
use of approved bicycle helmets. There are states and local laws requiring
the use of helmets, particularly for young riders. See also Brain Injury Handbook.
If you or a loved one are injured in a bicycle accident, there are a number
of important factual and legal issues that you should take into consideration:
- Was alcohol involved?
- Was the bicycle defective?
- Were there any road defects?
- Was the helmet properly fitted?
- Did the helmet properly function?
- Was the bicycle properly maintained?
- Did the straps and buckles work properly?
- Did the accident involve a motor vehicle?
- What time of day did the accident happen?
- Were all rules of the road being observed?
- Was the bicycle owned, rented or borrowed?
- Was a young child permitted to ride in the street?
- Did the bicycle helmet meet the safety standards?
- Did the supervisor allow the child to ride without a helmet?
- Has the injured person been properly evaluated for head injury?
- Was an improper helmet sold by a seller with advertised expertise?
It is important that all bicycle injuries be evaluated by an experienced
legal team. Complex legal and medical issues may be involved. If you,
a friend, or loved one are injured on a bicycle, you should take immediate
steps to protect your or their interest. Do not compromise your rights
by making statements to the press, insurance investigators, potential
defendants, or their representatives. Consider the suggestions in our
accident guide, and call us immediately. We are here to help. At Larry King, P.C., we
recognize the unique issues pertaining to accidents and injuries. You
can call us at
757-209-2265 seven days a week, 24 hours a day, everyday of the year. You can now contact
us on this web site by using the following Personal Injury
Contact form. We are committed to doing the extra things it takes to help our clients.