Poison & Toxin Accidents
Virginia Poisoning Accident Lawyers
Larry King Law knows that chemicals and toxic substances are abundant everywhere
and particularly in our homes and work places. Poisoning accidents and
injuries occur every day and are a one of the
leading causes of wrongful death. Every 13 seconds, a poison control center in the United States answers
a call about a possible poisoning. More than 90% of these exposures occur
in the home. Every day, over 300 children in the United States ages 0
to 19 are treated in an emergency department, and because of poisoning
can suffer a wrongful death. Poisoning can result from medicines, pesticides,
household cleaning products, carbon monoxide, and lead. One of the most
common causes of poisoning among young children is cosmetics and personal
care products, household cleaning products, and pain relievers. Common
causes among adults are pain relievers, prescription drugs, sedatives,
cleaning products, and antidepressants. Workers are frequently improperly
exposed to dangerous toxic substances, fumes and chemicals.
Businesses, manufacturers, homeowners, and others may be held accountable
for wrongful conduct such as improper packaging, defective content control,
improper safety warnings, improper storage, failure to childproof regulated
items, failure to supervise, wrongful exposure, or other dangerous conduct.
If you, a love one, or friends have been injured due to a poisoning accident,
you may have a valid injury claim and entitled to compensation. These
are just a few things to consider:
- When, where, and under what circumstances did the accident occur?
- Did the accident happen at home, at a business, or on the job?
- Did the accident involve a particular product?
- Is the product available?
- Has there been an investigation of the accident?
- Was proper first aid available?
- Was proper emergency procedures followed?
- Did the medicine or product have child-resistant packaging?
- Was a dangerous product stored in food or drink containers?
- Did the package have functioning child-safety caps?
- Was the cap are on tight?
- Was there a proper response to a poisoning incident?
- Was a poison product left unsecured in a business with access to children?
- Was a grandparent, babysitter, or childcare center negligent in letting
a small child have access to dangerous medication?
It is important that an experienced legal team evaluate a poison claim.
If you, a friend, or loved have sustained a poison injury, you should
take immediate steps to protect your or their interest. Do not compromise
your rights by making statements to the press, insurance investigators,
potential defendants, their representatives, and do not sign anything.
Consider the suggestions in our
accident guide, and call Larry King immediately. We are here to help.
Our Attorney Serves Newport News & All of Hampton Roads
At Larry King Law we recognize the unique issues pertaining to your claim.
You can call us at
, seven days a week, 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can now
contact us on this web site by using the following Personal Injury
. We are committed to doing the extra things it takes to help our clients. Call now!